Thursday, March 09, 2006

PAPA, CAN YOU HEAR ME ...

My husband sent me this quote the other day. I love it and had to share ...

"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that it all happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was. If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer."

--Ernest Hemingway

2 comments:

annegirl said...

I have to say that Ernest Hemingway isn't my favorite writer in the world, but that quotation certainly is apt. :)

Jessica Raymond said...

What a lovely quote.. Hi RaeAnne, it's Jess from Bucks, England! I got your newsletter announcing your blog today. You'll probably find yourself addicted to posting very quickly! Looking forward to reading the cowboy series :)