Monday, January 12, 2009

HERE'S TO 2009

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was happy to put 2008 to bed this year. Seems like it was a rough one all the way around, full of angst and uncertainty and heartache.

On the other hand, I'm really excited for 20o9. I love putting up a new calendar in my kitchen and seeing all those blank squares of possibilities! I know there will likely be troubles along the way but I'm hoping the joys in store will outweigh the hard times for all of us!

Here are a few things I'm excited about for the coming year

1) Sticking with my New Year's resolution and regaining all those good lifestyle habits I was working on last year. I fell off the healthy bandwagon for a couple months over the holidays but I'm excited to be back on track now!

2) All the great books that are scheduled to be released! My shelves are overflowing already with my TBR piles, but like John Steinbeck said, "I guess there are never enough books!"

3) Great family times. I want to focus more on my kids and less on my stress. As the January snows pile up here, I'm thinking of planting a garden in the spring and enjoying summer evenings on the patio and camping trips and walks through the neighborhood.

4) All the great books inside me waiting to come out. Stories and characters are crowding through my head all the time and I can't wait to continue the eternal quest to get them right on paper  (it never happens that they turn out like I want, but, hey, you have to dream!).

5) My book releases! I've got books coming out for sure in May and December. I haven't checked with my editor, but I'm pretty sure there will be another one squeezed in there between them. I also will have one of my favorite titles, DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT, released as a free eBook this year by Harlequin as part of a huge promotion to celebrate the company's 60 years of publishing great books. The book will be part of the http://www.harlequincelebrates.com website, which goes live on Jan. 29.

What are you most anticipating in the coming year? I'd love to know!

No comments: