Wednesday, October 29, 2008


THE COWBOY'S CHRISTMAS MIRACLE -- on sale now!

I'm not yet into the holiday spirit this year but having a Christmas book released last week has sort of jump-started the process for me! I loved writing THE COWBOY'S CHRISTMAS MIRACLE, even if I was probably the only one back in March who listening to five different Christmas stations on Pandora to help me catch the mood!

I have to share a little inside story on the book. There's a scene in it that touched me every single time I read it -- when I originally wrote it and through every version of rewrites, line edits and page proofs.

It's the Christmas Eve scene when the heroine gives her oldest child something precious of his father's, who died a few years earlier (I won't give it all away -- you'll have to read the book!). Anyway, I wrote the first draft late one night and I couldn't stop crying as I wrote it. That happens to us crazy writers sometimes! I don't know why but I was very moved by the emotion in the scene so I'm sitting down in my office sobbing away and my husband comes down to tell me good-night. He gets that panicky look men get when they find us crying. He was so worried to find me in such a state and thought I was having my usual deadline-induced breakdown, the kind when I'm absolutely sure I'll never be able to write another book again .

I had to tell him, no, this was a good thing. It was just my people making me cry. If a scene spurs such a reaction in me, I can only hope it has a similar impact in my readers!

No comments: