Tuesday, September 26, 2006

RADIO DAYS PART DEUX

Okay, I've officially made my radio debut (not counting the junior high school news broadcast I used to deliver for my drama class). After their kind invitation, I decided to go ahead and do the MATT AND ELLIE SHOW coming live from the U.K.

It was wonderful fun. I'll admit, I was nervous beforehand. When I'm nervous I have a tendency to a) either talk so fast nothing makes any sense whatsoever, sort of like one of those auctioneers or b) stumble around with lots of hemming and hawings and "you knows".

This actually went quite well (considering that the moment the phone rang with Matt and Ellie on the other end, my three year old starting screaming. But I ran down to my office and shut the door and left him preoccupied with Blues Clues for the 8 or 9 minute interview).

The only technical glitch was that I couldn't really hear them very well, though listening to the webcast, I actually sound quite literate.

Matt and Ellie were both lovely. She sounded just like Kiera Knightley and he was funny and interesting. All and all, it was a great experience and I'm very glad I did it.

If you'd like to listen the broadcast, you can find the MP3 at:



My interview is about 42 minutes into the broadcast.

No comments: