Monday, September 18, 2006

RADIO DAYS

Bizarre request in my inbox today. In 2002 I had a book called THE VALENTINE TWO-STEP, the first book in my Outlaw Hartes trilogy. It featured Ellie Webster and Matt Harte and their matchmaking daughters who are best friends and want their parents to marry. I've written like 15 books since then and barely remember the plot of the thing but today I was invited by two UK radio DJs to come on their show and talk about it. Apparently there's a programme called the Matt and Ellie Show in the UK. I guess they must have googled their name and come up with my book so they want to talk to me about it.

I'm not sure what to do. I listened to the teaser on their website and it sounds like they have a lot of fun but I'm not one of those incredibly lyrical speakers who can be spontaneously clever or funny (now my husband, he could do a great job on a radio show. Maybe I should have him impersonate me! If only his voice were a little higher). I'll probably eventually do it -- publicity is publicity, right? -- but today I'm angsting a little. What do you think? I have dreaded fears of a Daily Show type interview where I end up looking like an idiot.

Here's their website if anybody wants to give me an opinion ... http://www.mattandellieshow.com

No comments: